Love Forgives

  Love makes mistakes. Love forgives. Love never harbors guilt.


After more than 16 years and over 200,000 miles, my green queen simply died. You can read my tribute  to my beloved mini van here.

I was so excited when I bought my new Ford Focus. I named her Zippy. It was the car I had been wanting for so long!

I love driving it. I love the gas mileage. I am beyond grateful to have such a reliable vehicle. My kids know this.

My youngest recently got his license. We share Zippy. He pays a small portion of the insurance hike and is great about tossing in a few bucks of gas.

He is a great driver.

If I don't need my car, I let him take it.

He came home this morning after practice, "Mom?.."

The look on his face was horrifying.

 I thought someone had died.

"It's your car."

He hit a friend's truck backing out. There is a big old dent in the side of my car. His friend's truck has no damage.

I hugged him.

Then I said," You poor thing. You must feel horrible. It is okay. It is just a dent in a car."

He asked me why I felt sorry for him.

I shared a memory.

When he was in fourth grade I accidentally slammed the green queen's door on his hand. I was dropping off his siblings at the junior high.

 He was climbing into the front seat as I wished them off. I shut the door without even looking and then screamed when I turned back.

No bones were broken.  He got a cool cast to protect his bruised fingers.

All day at school whenever an  adult asked him about his cast, their response was, " Oh your poor mother"

He didn't get it.

I think he gets it now.





Love makes mistakes. Love forgives. Love never harbors guilt.

Blessings, 
Virginia 

Sign up on the top right!
















2 comments:

  1. Love makes mistakes. Love forgives. Love never harbors guilt. - So very true! Thank you for sharing from your heart, and your sons heart, which clearly is a reflection of yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Toire'esa! Your words mean so much!

      Delete