Scared is Sacred



A client ended her story with, " I am f**'n scared"

My response, "Of course you are f**n scared."

Silence.

Then she said, "I don't want to be scared."

Me, "But you are f**n scared, so let's start there."

I could not ask this lovely woman to feel anything else other than scared. With Love as my guide, I could not tell her how great her life was, how much she had to be grateful for, or that everything will work out. She was F**n scared. None of those words would have meant anything.

The only way to the other side of scared is to feel scared.

What is scared?

If you switch just two letters you get sacred.

Scared is sacred.

Scared is sacred because in our scariest times we call on something bigger than ourselves .

We call on God, universe, spirit or just yell HELP as we sob on the floor.

Rumi said the the wound  is where the light enters you.

The light comes in when we let ourselves be scared.

When the light comes the sacred begins.

"I don't want to be scared" becomes

"I have a team of helpers."
"I do have some things to be grafteful for"
"There are great things in my life"
"I am going to be okay"

Blessings,
Virginia

Sign up on the top right. We are a community of let's feel scared, and  still be light lovers!





























No comments:

Post a Comment