My Mom

Eleven years ago today my mom died.

My dad called to let me know.

"Your mom loves you and so do I."

I knew it was coming.

I had already said goodbye as I rubbed her feet.



My mom was at death's door when she gave birth to me, her tenth child.

Yes TENTH.

She told me the story many times.

My mom's prayer at my birth, "Don't leave Joe with 10 kids. Let me raise this child."

My words to my mom as I rubbbed her feet, " You can go mom. You raised me. I'm okay. Heaven has no altzheimers...But I am going to need you. "

My Mom has been here all of these eleven years.

Call me crazy.

I call on my Mom when I need to find something important.

Then I find it.

I call on my mom everytime I am in a pickle.

I feel her presence.

I talk to her all of the time.

In many ways  I am closer to her now.

Blessings,
Virginia

Sign up on the top right.










2 comments: