Things you might not know about me.



1. I am the youngest of ten.

Yes. I have nine older siblings.
Hold on to your seats.....My mom gave birth to ten children in less than eleven years.
Sometimes I try to figure the diaper thing. There were no disposable diapers back then. I cannot fathom it.
Sometimes I wonder about the mothering piece. How in the name of God did she nurture that many children??
 She did and all ten of us are pretty amazing.

2. I taught myself to ride a bike.

Duh! I have nine older siblings. We didn't have bikes.
But once one was found in the garage of a house where we lived in. My brother made it work.
I was determined!
As a fifth grader ,every day after school I would take that bike out and practice.
I would lean on the porch. I would lean on the side of the garage. I would fall so many times.
Then one day I simply soared.
And then fell down on a hill.
But I tried it again.
I can ride a bike.

3. I beat someone up .

She was bullying my friend who was helping me with my math. I told her to stop. She  poured milk over my head. I got a bit crazy and threw her across a few lunch tables.

4. I was bullied.

That whole beating up thing  lead to years of being bullied.
That bullying helped me as a parent. One of the the best blessings ever! I  talked to my kids and was real with my kids about bullying because I experienced it!

5. I had my first panic attack at 14.

Panic attacks and I are great friends. So many wonderful therapists, healers, and loved friends have helped me with this one.  I now know the pre pre pre signs. I know the preventative steps of eating well, exercising and connecting with God.
Medicine can help too. I just never chose that route.

6. My college choice was bizarre.

My Dad wanted me to check out one more. He took me to the place where he went to be a Priest. (Something I never knew.) St. Bonavetnure University. I loved it sorta.
Then there I was in the admin building after my tour and my father said, "Do you like it or not?"
I sheepishly replied, "I like it."
He paid the deposit. My college was decicded.
Best four years ever!!

7. I put myself through college.

  I got loans. I worked my butt off. I paid my own way to get a college degree. I wish this was possible for kids today. College is too expensive. My kids work and get loans and get scholarships. But the paying your own way to college is crazy. I am blessed that my kids take after me. They do what they can to pay their way. Thus, like me, they own their college experience.

7. As a waitress, I once  slipped and dropped twelve plates of food.

It was a five star establishment. I was a ninja waitress. I easily carried a tray on my shoulder with up to 15 plates. To this day, I am not sure what happened. I guess I tripped on a something.
Trout heads went flying. Linguini was everywhere.
The one hosting and paying told me it was he best show he had ever seen. And thanked me .
Best tip I ever got!

More tomorrow.

Blessings.
Virginia,

Sign up on the top right! xo






















No comments:

Post a Comment