I Was Raised Catholic. My Church is in Nature.

I was raised Catholic.

Each and every Sunday all 12 McCormacks would march into a pew.

I remember playing 'push the knee off the kneeler'  with my brother Michael. A game where we would knock knees and try to make the other one's knee slam on the floor.

While standing we would knock elbows. Same game, different body part.

We had to do this with out laughing. Oh my goodness! Trying NOT to laugh at Sunday Mass was the worst!

I was a serious, pensive kid. Yet at Mass I simply wanted to giggle. Or make my brother giggle outloud so he would get in trouble instead of me.

I went to a Catholic elementary school. My second grade teacher, Sr. Monice, taught all ten McCormack kids.

In high school I became very active in a Catholic retreat group.

I went to a Catholic University.

My room mate and I at St. Bonas used to go to Mass before Happy Hour on most Fridays.

I was married in a Catholic Church. I served in parish ministry. I served Communion.  All of my babes were baptized. I continued going to Mass every Sunday.

Then I stopped.

It may have been The Boston Globe's impeccable investigative reporting.  Please watch Spotlight.

It may have been a priest refusing me communion because I chose to divorce my husband.

It may have been a new church refusing me to homeschool my children in religious education.

The priests on the list that the Boston Globe posted.. some were in and out of my home when I was a kid. I simply didn't trust the Catholic church with my kids.

So I stopped going to Mass.

Having faith has never ended.

I know there is a great God. I know Mary. I know Jesus.

Most importantly I know LOVE.

And I find it here.




Whatever your faith, your upbringing, your stuff. Never forget love is here always!

Go outside!

Blessings,
Virginia

Sign up on the top right. Join us on this fun journey back to you!









No comments:

Post a Comment