Beginnings Require Faith





I love to garden. In the garden, time is lost. Hours seem like minutes and days feel like hours.

I spend many snowy days dreaming of my gardens. Come February my perfect garden becomes etched in my brain.


When I finished getting my vegetable garden prepped, I hesitated to plant.

As I looked at my new garden beds, I wondered,

"Maybe I should send in a soil sample before I plant."

"Maybe it would be better to put the fencing over there."

" I should get a book at the library on growing tomatoes and cucumbers vertically."

I was trying to procrastinate.

I could send in the soil sample and make adjustments after the plants are in.

I already moved the fencing twice.

My tomato plants are four inches high. I started my cucumbers from seed. I have plenty of time to research vertical gardening.

It was time to begin. I knew by beginning I was letting go of my perfect garden.  I was letting go of the outcome. I could nurture and tend to my garden but how things grew wasn't up to me.

All beginnings require the same amount of faith.





2 comments:

  1. True! True! True! I love this. Can I share it on my BDN Sooner or Lighter blog as a guest blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course you can share it! Thank you!

      Delete