Feng Shui Friday: Making a Summer House




The summer sun has the power to increase self confidence ,creativity and drive. It is the time of year when we want to get things done.

If there is too much fire energy, summer can make us tired, cranky and unmotivated.

I love to take advantage of summer power. One way I do this is by balancing the outdoor heat with a cooler home.
      Heavy curtains are replaced with sheer ones.
   
      My dining room is moved to the to the screened-in  porch and my dining room stays totally empty.
   
      I take up all the rugs and leave the wood floors bare.
   
      I add cooler colors of blues and pinks and greens.
   
       I spend a weekend purging stuff.

On the bagua map The Fame and Reputation area is associated with fire. I also spend time fixing this area up. You can read about how to that here. 
   
An open airy home feels like the possibilities of summer are endless.

Remember Feng Shui is pronounced FUN Shway.  Enjoy creating a home that mirrors your wonderful life.

Blessings,
Virginia





No comments:

Post a Comment