Love or Fear? You Choose.




One of my daughter's and my favorite adventures is to go to the library. We are both voracious readers and get crazy excited by a new batch of books to devour.

My batch this week includes Robert Holden's, Loveability, Knowing How to Love and Be Loved. 

I am halfway through it.

It is beautifully written.

It is the perfect antidote to all I have been feeling lately.

My library partner has graduated high school. She heads to MIT in just a few months. I have been feeling a bit sad.

Love or Fear?

Here are two examples

ONE:

Fear says, "Our days together are numbered."
Love says, " We will always be together."

FEAR:

'Our days are numbered' makes me want to keep her close by.
"Our days together are numbered' makes me anxious and sad.
"Our days together are numbered'  takes me away from right now.

LOVE:

'We will always be together' makes me happy to see her venture off with friends.
 ' We will always be together' makes me excited, proud and happy for this amazing daughter of mine.
'We will always be together' makes it possible for me to be here right now.

TWO:

As another child graduates the court hearing to change child support quickly approaches.

Fear says more than I can appropriately post here. The main theme is I am not loveable. (All negativity comes from the 'I am not loveable' theme )
Love says, "You got this Gin Gin (Gin Gin was/is my father's loving  nickname for me).

FEAR:

'I am not loveable' makes me angry.
'I am not loveable ' pulls me into a story from the past.
 'I am not loveable', according to Robert Holden is the number one fear. I agree.

LOVE:

'You got this Gin Gin' reminds me of my parents' love for me.
'You got this Gin Gin' reminds me of my strength that got me this far.
'You got this Gin Gin' reminds me that all of us, you, me, even my ex-husband, are constantly doing a dance between love and fear.

I am going to dance with LOVE!

Blessings,
Virginia





No comments:

Post a Comment