Some Oldies But Goodies

As I said in yesterdays post,(you can read it here) I am a voracious reader. I read a few books each week.

I don't, however, collect books. I like to keep minimal stuff.

A reader emailed me and asked what books I would recommend. I  asked for clarification because there are just so many!  She clarified the question by asking,  "What books that you own and love did you refer to this week?"



If You Want To Write by Brenda Ueland
    I am not sure when I found this book.  It was first published in 1938. It is my absolute favorite book on how to write. I grab it for inspiration. I grabbed it the other day for permission to walk away from the writing and tend to my garden.

The Prophet by Kahil Gibran
    A friend gave me this book when I graduated college. (30 years ago GULP!) I grabbed it for a quote and then spent the next 20 minutes enjoying.

You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L Hay
    My sister gave this to me when I was newly separated with three kids under 5.  I grabbed it the other day because my hip was hurting after I ran. Louise Hay's  thought about hips,"Hip Hip Hooray- there is joy in everyday. I am balanced and free." I liked saying that as I learned to stretch my hips.

 A Course in Miracles
   I read this everyday. as you know. Have you checked out the latest? Find it here.


Artist Way by Julian Cameron
    This might be my favorite book. It is a wonderful way to embrace your creativity. I bought it when I was pregnant with my youngest, 15 years ago. I picked it up for inspiration this week.

The Essential Rumi Translation by Coleman Barks
   I love Rumi. His poetry is extremely powerful. One of my favorites is here. I used it for a picture quote on Instagram. You can see it here.

What are some of your favorite books that you refer to?











No comments:

Post a Comment