Making March Meaningful

March is my least favorite month here in Maine.  It seems to last way too long and my excitement for all things garden is difficult to contain. Here are a few things I do to get through the month:

1. Shopping. In March all things winter are drastically reduced. Yes you will be wearing winter clothes for another month or more.

2. Buying fresh flowers every week. Nothing says spring more than a vase brimming with daffodils.

3. Planning my garden and looking back on last years garden pictures.

4. Ordering my seeds.

5. Forcing forsythias.

6.Spring cleaning. Once the days get warmer I will be outdoors every chance I get.

7. Stocking up on gardening books from the library.

8.Completing indoor projects (see # 6)

9. If all this fails and the snow on the ground is driving you mad you can:

 
 
 


Happy March!
Blessings,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment