Seeing Beauty

Five more inches of snow fell overnight.  We had shovelled close to a foot of snow yesterday. I was going to have to shovel the driveway without my three helpers on the first day of spring. During yesterday's snow day my children had remembered last year on March 19th.  I let them stay home from school so we could go to the beach on a miraculous 80 degree day. As I was bundling up I was reminiscing about last year's warm weather and feeling a bit overwhelmed and exasperated by this year's enormous snow fall and never ending winter.

Once I began the task at hand, the sun burst open. I looked around and what seemed like another stupid snowstorm became a magical scene from a fairy tale. I was in awe of the beauty. I smiled and my heart swelled. I didn't want to leave the fairly tale so shoveling the driveway became shoveling the walkways and the back deck and breathing in all of the wonder.


In the midst of my joy and appreciation I realized what all of the great sages of time claim as truth. When we allow life to be just as it is. When we stop trying to make life the way we think it 'should be'. Then and only then do we see true beauty within ourselves and in everything we encounter.


Blessings,
Virginia
Are you wrrestling with what life has brought you? I would love to help you see the gifts. virginiamccormack05@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment