Random Acts of Kindness

I love doing random acts of kindness.  In fact, I do two each day.

Everyday I do something kind for myself and something kind for someone else. Yes. I start with a kind gesture to myself before anyone else. I am  a single parent and CEO of the best business in the world, my family.  Being extra kind to myself is of paramount importance.
It is not a daily grand gesture, rather it is small stuff.
 *Smiling at myself everytime I pass a mirror and doing what Louise Hay encourages and saying, "I love you" to my reflection.
*  Not judging myself  so harshly when I make a mistake.
* Paying attention to my monkey mind and changing negative self talk to positive. "You rock Virginia" is one of my favorites.
* Lingering over my morning coffee
*Reading in bed with tea.
* Making my daily exercise an event instead of something to get over quickly.
* Wearing that special outfit I was saving for a special occasion.
* Making my favorite dinner even if it means the kids will eat cereal.

Being kind to yourself can be a way of living and it makes life so much sweeter.

Now go look in the mirror and smile.

Blessings,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment