They are teaching me.

I  entered motherhood naively believing that I would teach my children everything they needed to know and that the learning was one way. The older I get, and the older my children get, I realize more and more that such a premise is very far from the truth.

My children are teaching me and have been teaching me since the day they were born. These days as I watch the people they are becoming, I am learning more about myself.

My eldest is committed to his dream of playing college lacrosse and is pushing his body to it's limits. He encourages me to train for a few 5Ks.

My daughter is amazingly comfortable in her introverted and intellectual nature. She encourages me to embrace and love my introversion and thinker nature.

My youngest's 'take life lightly' approach reminds me not to worry so much about the small stuff or any stuff .

There is so much more about each of them. Every day is a different lesson for me. As I raise them on my own they help me become a better me.

These beautiful young people entrusted in my care are teaching me valuable lessons about myself as I give them the permission and the freedom to become who they are.

Single Mothering...such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment