Cleaning: A Spiritual Practice

I spent most of today cleaning. This wasn't the basic Saturday's  chore cleaning. This was an all out deep clean and clear out endeavor. I cleaned in places that nobody would ever see. I even cleaned behind the fridge.

As I scrubbed, tossed stuff in the garbage, and tossed stuff in the Goodwill box, I knew I was doing something much bigger than cleaning my house. I was also shining up my perceived dark parts of my soul and making room for even more goodness to come into my life.

I found many treasures within myself and one physical treasure that got me teary. The beautiful little pot my 20 year older made for me when he was in fifth grade now is a focal point of my kitchen.

                          
Anything can bring you back to spirit, even cleaning.

Blessings,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment