Winter Storm Orson and Bombogenesis ,This SIngle Mom's Got It !

Winter storm Orson is here. It may be a Bombogenesis. (Love that word! Really.. think of it's etymology. Without even doing research you get it!)

At every pending snowstorm an anxiety sets right smack in my solar plexus.

My breathing gets a bit shallow.

I get into action. I get gas for the generator. I get food. I get water. I line up extension cords for the generator. I fill the tub so we can flush.

I get scared.

After all of these years as a single mom...
After living through, shovelling through, hotelling it through more snowstorms than I can count. I still do it.

I still get scared.

Today I made friends with that scared.

That scared is about me NOT being in charge of all  things.

That scared is  teaching me to be at peace with the unknown.

Maybe we will lose power. Maybe we won't. Either way I trust I will be okay.

I told my Orson, Bombogenesis worries to a dear married  friend today.

Her response went something like this... I think I would love going into this storm with a 6'2,  210 pounds of muscle on my team.

My youngest at home is just that.

So scared and I are now friends.

I am feeling blessed to have help.

We finished round one of shoveling.

Most impotantly I no longer lose power. Regardless of electricity.


Blessings,
Virginia
Sign up on the top right xo













No comments:

Post a Comment