Stop rushing and make time matter



I was running late.  I was scrambling to get to a meeting. I was rushing like a crazy woman.

Running around the corner to the steps I stubbed my toe on the book case.  I hit it with such force, I both swore and  knocked a picture to the floor.

"Ugh!! I am so late!" I said outloud as I picked the picture up.


I sat on the steps and stared at my parents as my toe began its throbbing ache. (Or was that the ache in my heart?)

In those few moments I thought about time. 

Rushing  is a waste of time.

Rushing makes us clumsy. Dealing with clumsy takes even more time.

When we do one thing at a time and 
When we are present to that one thing,
We actually become more efficient.

A meaningful life is simply made up of meaningful moments.

Rushing creates a busy life but rarely a meaningful one.

Next time you are running late:

Stop rushing.

Take a breath.

Do one thing at time.

Make each thing meaningful.

The world doesn't end if you are late to something.

Your world ends when you miss the present moment.

Blessings,
Virginia

Sign up on the top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment