Feng Shui Friday: Letting Go Of A Clean House For The Holidays



I posted a video a few weeks back about making room for the Holiday rush. You can see it here.

In that video I admitted to letting go of a clean house at Christmas time. I also admitted to using paper plates to make life simpler.

I got quite a few emails.

I love your emails! Keep them coming. I promise to keep responding.

The most asked question was, "What does letting go of a clean house mean?"

One lovely reader who shares my obsession with clean kitchen counters emailed, "There is no way I could give up my clean counters."

My response was, " I hear you sister"

So what does easing up on a clean house mean for me?

1. Sometimes I go to bed with dishes in the sink.

2. I have two college kids coming home for winter break. I will create room for their stuff to be dribbled throughout our home as they readjust.

3. When I had little ones I created room for their Christmas crafts. i.e. glitter dribbled throughout the house.

4. My kitchen counters remain clear. For me that is just smart mental health.

5. I might not sweep or vacume or dust or do any of the regular weekly chores. My kids' chores are limited as well. It can all wait.

6. I might not get to all of the laundry. Again, I have 2 college kids coming home. They will be monopolizing the washer and dryer.

7. Other than my pictures (you can read that here) I will not take on any big clearing out project.

So for me that is letting go of a clean house. I keep my kitchen counters clear. The rest can just wait.

Everything can wait while you enjoy Christmas with the ones you love most!

With so many blessings,
Virginia

I would love to have you in our community! Please sign up. Goodies everyday in December! 








No comments:

Post a Comment