Friday's Feng Shui

When my children were little I complained to my sister that my house was a wreck.
Her response changed how I look at my home.
"Gin, you have three little kids.  I would be worried and sad for your children ,if your house was neat. "

If we are too attached to 'everything in order'  creativity is stifled. Messes need to be made in order to express ourselves. Our children deserve to have creative free rein in their experimenting.  The goal of Feng Shui isn't to keep absolute order. Rather the goal of Feng Shui is to keep the energy moving. Messes  and order keep the energy balanced.

I recently completed a giant home project involving the front door and the living room.   I started in late August and just this past week all of the furniture was back where it belongs. 

We got the room ready in time for the Christmas tree. 



  After we took the Christmas tree down we set up the ping pong/ pool table in there. ( Fun Shway remember)



My office became a very crowded living room. The dining room table served as my office desk.  Life was a bit messy in the process but I didn't freak out.  I accepted that my house was going to be a chaotic for a few months because I was creating something better.


While the living room was under construction ,I made sure the rest of the house stayed clutter free as best I could.

The living room is in the career section of my house.  I enhanced the career area of every other room in the house. Some ways to enhance the career gua can be found here.

I also paid close attention to the three power areas,the other entry way, the kitchen and the bedroom.

Creative messes are important in Feng Shui . They are a part of the energy of life.

Remember Feng Shui is pronounced FUN Shway. Have fun making a creative mess!

Blessings,
Virginia


No comments:

Post a Comment