Tuesday's Tips : Change a word. Change your life


It takes quite a bit of effort to keep a home running smoothly. Add kids, work, exercise, relationships, sleep, emotional and spiritual well being and you've got quite a list of things to do each and every day.

It can get overwhelming when you start planning all of the things you have to do.

The thing is though, there really isn't any thing you have to do.

That is right.

You don't have to do anything.

Saying you have to do something is both false and negative. It implies that you have no choice and that you are being forced beyond your will.

You always have a choice to do something or not. In each moment you choose. I didn't force you to read this but I am certainly glad you did. Thank you

You could change all of your ' I have to 's' to 'I choose to' so you can be in the driver seat of your own life.

I encourage you to go even further and change your have to to get to.

Get is so much more positive and it invokes gratitude.

I get to work makes what I do to earn a living an honor and a privilege.
I get to pick my kids up after school makes me thankful for them and for my car.
Even getting to wash the dishes can even be filled with gratitude.

Next time you start telling yourself all of the things you have to do STOP and begin again. You get to do all of those things and you get to choose which ones.

I got to exercise today and I chose this.



Blessings,
Virginia



No comments:

Post a Comment