What are you asking for?

The Course of Miracles invites us to really think about what we are asking for. The premise being that we already have what we want.  Most of our asking comes from a place of lack, which in the eyes of the Universe, doesn't  exist.

It is quite preposterous to claim that you already have what you are asking for.  You don't have the new fancy car, enough money for college tuition,  that new handsome lover or anything else on the list.

However that thing you are asking for isn't really a thing at all. You actually want the feeling that having such a thing will bring you. You want more money to feel secure, and abundant. You want a lover to feel loved. You want that new car to feel important. You want that new job to feel like you are adding value to the world.

Ask yourself why you want it?

Then focus on finding ways to feel that emotion.


Years back I was stuck in a vicious cycle of monetary lack.

"I have no money."
"I never have enough money."
" I need more money."
 "I really really, really,really need more money."
 Every day those thoughts were circling over and over in my head. The more I thought them, the worse it became and the worse I felt.

I had to change something fast.

 I wanted to feel abundant.  I wanted to be able to give freely.

I didn't have to look far to see abundance. Abundance had never left. My perennials were bursting in color.  I was freezing and canning the many vegetables from my garden. I spent an afternoon at the beach with my children. I was simply bombarded with the abundance already in my life.

One day that same summer a young mother's car ran out of gas right in front of my house. She explained to me in tears that she wasn't getting paid until tomorrow.  I gave her gas I had in the garage for the lawn mower as well as the cash I had in the house. She cried in gratitude, yet she was the one that helped me. I received the gift of giving freely which is what I so desperately wanted.

None of these things changed my bank account.

My bank account didn't need fixing.  My thinking and noticing needed fixing.

ABUNDANCE FROM LAST YEAR"S GARDEN:




Blessings,
Virginia





No comments:

Post a Comment