Tuesday's Tips :



When I go through my pictures each week and  stumble across a picture of me as a little girl, I put it on my desk. Seeing the little girl, that is still very much a part of me, reminds me to treat myself like a small child.

* I would never demean a small child. I would only say positive things to her.  Even if she made a mistake, I would treat her with loving care.
                               
                               The picture reminds me to only use loving self talk.
           
 *I truly believe that children need to be in  the fresh air each and every day.  When my children were smaller most of our time was spent outside. Now that they are older, I can forget that I still need to get outside.
                                           The picture reminds me to get outside.

*For children playing is their natural way of being in the world.
                                   The picture reminds me to have fun and be silly.

* Children know how to eat. As a parent I always make sure there is plenty of yummy food to eat whenever my children are hungry. When I am stressed, I can forget to eat.
                                              The picture reminds me to eat.

*I function best with 8 or 9 hours of sleep. I would never deprive a child of a good night's sleep.
                                         The picture reminds me to go to bed on time.

Most of all the picture reminds me that I deserve to be treated with the utmost care and it is up to adult me to do just that.




No comments:

Post a Comment