Single Mom Thriving: Get the Basket Off Of Your Head.


Many years ago my new dryer stopped working.

I decided I couldn't afford to get the dryer fixed.

I had the Poor Single Mom basket on my head.

For six years I hung clothes outside in nice weather and around the house in the winter. Early morning hanging, early evening taking in, shake off bugs, rush outside in a rain storm was my life in the nice weather. Hanging clothes on curtain rods, chair backs, tables,  a clothes line in the kitchen and a home made clothes rack was my my life in the winter.

For. Six. Years.

Finally I took off the basket of poverty thinking and I found someone to fix my dryer. It cost me 75 dollars.

75 Dollars!

I love my dryer. Every time I pull those warm clothes out I feel so grateful. Sometimes I even miss the days of hanging them all over the place.

Yet each time I fold clothes I remind myself that there is no need for a basket over my head.

Abundance  prevails.















No comments:

Post a Comment