Tuesday's Tips: Waiting

When driving and there is no traffic light, I always go right, even if I have to go left.

 I have put many a necessary item back on the shelf because the check out lines were too long.

Young children should never hear me when a coach runs practice late and I am sitting in my van. (Cuss words galore!)

When the 'tires crunching' in the driveway doesn't happen at the agreed upon time, I become an absolute mess, convinced the worst has happened.

I am not good at waiting.

Recently, I waited ten days for an outcome.

I am not good at waiting.

It wasn't pretty.

I tried to escape:

*I ate a lot of comfort food and indulged in my 'every now and then' favorites. Cheetos and corn chips out of the bag anyone?

*I  drank quite a few glasses of  wine to ease up the angst.

*I  cleaned like a crazy woman.

*I ran hard. I danced even harder. I worked ferociously in the garden.

Thoughts of wisdom came:

"How can this one thing determine good/bad ,sick/healthy?"

"Right now I feel great. That is all that matters."

"This future thing will not take away the joy I feel now."

"I am letting my thoughts of the unknown rule me. I could let what is happening NOW rule me."

My thoughts of wisdom saved me as did the sweat and the snacks and the wine.

I did my sweet happy dance celebration when I received the news and I am one blessed woman.

Yet, waiting.

How does one learn to wait?

A few of my newly learned gems

*Appreciate everything right now!
                         Right now for me: My jammies are so soft. My teen boys are building legos upstairs.My girl is happy at her summer program. Thank you God.
*Wait at every stop light, every long line and every left turn. Wait and recite the day's Course of Miracles quote.
*Wait and find ten things you appreciate.
* Wait and find a happy memory as a kid.
*Wait and know the best is yet to come.
*Wait and know; Right hand turns are the best course of action in the summer in a tourist town.
*Wait and know this too will bloom with an abundance of food.






         












No comments:

Post a Comment