Tuesday's Tips: ICDIA

Years back I invented a new word , ICDIA. It is pronounced ICK! DEE! AH!.  All three syllables are spoken as three different words with the energy of a swear word.

I use it as sparingly as I use any swear word, and I love it.

ICDIA is an acronym for I Cannot Do It All.

I have this notion in my head that I can do it all and that I have to do it all and if I don't do it all everything will fall apart. 

ICDIA is a 911 call to myself thus I act accordingly

1. Stop everything. Take three deep breaths.
2. Pray. Any prayer will do. I try to say my Course of Miracles quote of the day but a   "God help" is sometimes all I can muster.
3. I make  sure the kitchen counters are clear and my bedroom is immaculate. 
4. To do list is tossed. 
5. I make sure I do five acts of kindness to myself . 
6 I make sure I do five acts of kindness to others. 
Then I am brought back to the knowing. I cannot do it all . 

Today I am thinking perhaps I should swear more.
ICDIA is a recipe for a wonderful day. 









No comments:

Post a Comment