Friday's Feng Shui

I utilize many aspects of Feng Shui in my coaching practice as I know from experience that our surroundings have a direct correlation with what is happening in our lives. The most important principle of Feng Shui is clearing out clutter. However, clutter never really goes away, especially when you are raising children. I am okay with a creative mess due to projects and homework and busy teenage life but when it gets out of control I feel like a mess.

To keep my sanity in the midst of the chaos, everyday I do these three things. First, I keep the kitchen counters clean.  I am actually embarrassed to admit to how much happiness a clean kitchen brings me. Secondly,  I make my bed every single day and I  keep my bedroom pristinely clean. I am a single mom of three teenagers, my bedroom is my haven. Thirdly I really try hard to make my children responsible for picking up their own stuff.

Okay number three is a work in process.  However, I am much kinder about their messes when the counters are clear and I can escape to a beautifully clean bedroom.








No comments:

Post a Comment