The Little Things

 As is true in all of life, the little things make the biggest difference.  I have found that the seemingly small actions I commit to on a daily basis have a direct effect on my happiness. My day goes more smoothly. I appreciate more. I serve better. I love more.

When I make excuses not to do these simple tasks, life seems hard. I get rough on the edges and I feel struggle.

Committing to daily rituals lays the foundation for joy.

My foundation:
1. Daily writing freely 1500 words. I used to do three pages in my hand written journal but typing on a computer made it more 'work like' and uber important.
2. Moving my body in a fun way. I love running but toss in other fun ways to move so weather is never an issue.
3. Doing something extra loving for myself. I am a single mom raising three kiddos solo. Being loving to me makes me more loving to them; my number one priority.
4. Meditating and prayer.Morning and night. I use the Course of Miracles for my morning meditation and a gratitude journal before I go to bed.
5. Keeping the kitchen counters and sink clean.
6. Making my bed.

Life is good.







No comments:

Post a Comment