The Absolute Best Way to Be Happier

 The absolute best way to be happier is to stop wanting to be right and to to stop making anyone (including  yourself) wrong.

When we strive to be right, we make someone else wrong. Then we enter a battle with another person.

When we make someone else right, we make ourselves wrong. Then we enter a battle within ourselves.

Innocent people die in battles. 



Rumi's quote goes on to say: 

When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk of ideas, language ,even the phrase 'each other' doesn't make sense anymore.

When we make anyone including, ourselves wrong or right ,we isolate and forget each other. 

Years back in therapy, I was angrily discussing an incident from my childhood that many of my siblings remembered differently than I.

 In total despair, I asked her, "Who is right?" 

She responded, "All of you."

I had been carrying around so much anger making them wrong and myself right. The truth was we all just perceived it differently.  Once I let go of right/wrong my relationship with my siblings got better.

We all have the choice. Join me in picking happy over right or wrong.











No comments:

Post a Comment