Golden Nugget From My Sixth Grade Teacher

My K-8 years happened in five different schools. My happiest year was sixth grade.

I went to public school kindergarten, Catholic school first, second and some of third, public school remainder of third, fourth and fifth and back to Catholic school in sixth.

Sixth grade at St. Mary's meant I could travel public transit to and from school with my older sisters who went to the neighboring St, Mary's High School. I felt like I belonged. I was no longer bullied. I felt loved. I had the most loving teacher ever, Mrs. Allen. Her daughter, a nun. was the principal.

Today I remembered  a golden nugget she taught me.

Mrs. Allen gave each of us a circular card with 'tu it'  written in the middle.

She then told us that we may never ever in our lives tell anyone, "When I get around to it." for she had given us a round tu it.

Geesh. I remembered that today right after overwhelm. 

The memory made me happy and I got the basement cleaned in between pick ups.

Loving thoughts to you Mrs. Allen on earth or in heaven.








No comments:

Post a Comment