The Magic of Love

     Single parenting has been the most joyful and the most challenging aspect of my life these past twelve years. As the teen age years  roll by I have hit many a parenting snag. I have had moments of sheer exhaustion and gulping sobs. There have been times where I honestly did not think I could make it one more day or hour or minute of this crazy journey.

     Times like these I call on my co parent, God. To Him I bring all of my worries, frustrations and self pity. I write it all out, every last morsel of how I perceive what is going on with my kids. I hold nothing back. Getting it all out then leaves room for something else to come in. Peace and Calm.

     In that peace and calm I hold my child/children in my heart. I simply bask in all that is perfect about him or her. I remember all of the love and  the laughter we have shared. I even talk to my child in my heart telling him/her how very much I love them.

     Always, each and every time, I do that something shifts and life seems to get back on track.

     It isn't magic. It is simply love. When I choose too see my children with loving eyes they become more loving.




No comments:

Post a Comment