Baby Steps

I love making to do lists. I make them every week and then break them down into daily to do lists. It is a wonderful tool that makes me feel like I have life under control.

There is just one small problem with my wonderful to do lists.

 I don't always complete them.

Just for kicks I looked back into my notebook of to do lists from early spring. Two items on that list are on this weeks list, four months later.

   CLEAN GARAGE
   CLEAN BASEMENT

I had a good chuckle at myself. Then I reverted to what I know is truth. There will never be an entire day that I can devote to these two tasks. I can however devote little bits of time to these monstrous chores and eventually they will be completed. I changed my list and for as long as it takes, my to do list will read:

    10 MINUTES CLEANING THE GARAGE
    10 MINUTES CLEANING OUT THE BASEMENT

Baby steps always get the job done.

The timer is set.  Off to the basement I go.

Blessings,
Virginia



No comments:

Post a Comment