The Best Teachers

The best teachers are the ones we are trying to teach. I  learned that lesson in my 18 years of motherhood. Now I am learning it again in training this adorable guy, Jackson.



Lately Jackson has been teaching me about the importance of treats. With the promise of a treat, Jackson has learned to sit, lie down, roll over, and stay. Today, with treats in my fanny pack, my adorable pup ran two miles with me.  Treats and praise was all it took.

After my run, I started thinking about carrying my own fanny pack filled with Virginia treats and self praise as a way to accomplish new things. Here is what I am packing.

    *Lots of positive self talk and reminders that I am loved.
    *Gentle words when I mess up.
    *Doing things I love which I  call Virginia treats. They are Virginia treats because they are things I love to do.
                  -Cutting flowers from my garden and creating beautiful bouquets.
                  - Cleaning out a  shelf in a closet,
                   - Putting on a favorite song and dancing around the kitchen.
                    -  Pulling weeds from the garden.
                    -Framing pictures
                   - Taking time to create a delicious lunch.

What treats are you willing to pack as you accomplish new things?

Blessings,
Virginia

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment