A Daily Spiritual Practice





Many of the great spiritual leaders suggest that everyone commit to a daily spiritual practice.

The term itself creates images of sitting in yoga poses for hours on end. The good news is, it is not that. A daily spiritual practice is something you do everyday to quiet your mind.

Personally, I like having two daily practices.  One in the evening and one at night. I call them the book ends of my day.

In the morning,  I drink my coffee outside. I  also read from A Course In Miracles, write and pray.

Before I go to bed I write a short note of gratitude.  If there is something on my mind I ask God to take it so I can sleep.

 In total, this is less than one hour out of the 24 hours I have each day.

However, it is the most well spent hour of the day.  It puts me in a peaceful place. When I feel peace and joy I am more able to share those gifts with everyone I meet.

I encourage you to try something to do each day that will quiet your mind.  Even five minutes in nature everyday has the power to change the world.

Blessings,
Virginia

Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter packed with goodies just for my email community.

No comments:

Post a Comment