A Bittersweet Ache

It happens every year and every year it catches me off guard.  The feeling of excitement touched with grief grabs hold of my heart each and every year on the first day of school. On the first day of school my children age. Today is the day that I see them at the ages they are, not ever on their birthdays. Today I see an 18 year old senior in high school , an almost 16 year old sophomore and an almost 13 year old 8th grader. My heart cracks a little as I see their wings getting stronger and stronger. I pray I have given them enough love to sustain them and keep them strong when the winds of life blow fierce. I want to both set them off and bring them back in.

                   It is the same as I felt on this day. The very first time they all went to school:


                                                             Love doesn't ever age

No comments:

Post a Comment