A Thought

            My daily spiritual practice includes reading a lesson from The Course of Miracles, meditating and writing in my journal.

This morning's lesson was a doozy:
                                  
               " I can be hurt by nothing but my thoughts" ACIM

This is such a true and simple statement yet so profound and difficult to live by. It really isn't about what is going on around us. It is about how we choose to think about what is going on around us. It was such a great reminder for me to quiet my monkey mind, pay attention and most importantly let things be exactly as they are.

                These breathtaking hibiscus blooms from my garden reminded me as well.

I thought the plant was grossly diseased and needed to be yanked (note the leaves).  I would have missed so much beauty.

Blessings,
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment