Friday's Feng Shui: Start with the clutter, 10 Tricks

I am dedicating Friday's blog to all things Feng Shui. I love utilizing Feng Shui in my own life and in my coaching practice.

Feng Shui is a 3000 year old Chinese practice of how our environment effects us physically, emotionally and spiritually. The goal of good feng shui is to arrange your space so energy can flow freely. While the principles of Feng Shui are important. They are not as important as to how you feel in a particular room and how your space is being utilized. I once had a ping pong table in the middle of my living room. It was perfect feng shui because my family spent an entire winter playing together.Feng Shui is not a one time fix because life is always changing and energy is always shifting.

As I have stated in a previous blog posts, getting rid of clutter is the most important aspect of Good Feng Shui.

10 Tricks to Getting Rid of Clutter

1. Keep the kitchen counters clean.
2. Set a timer for 15 minutes. Clean something. Stop when the buzzer rings
3. Make your bed
4. Something goes out before something comes in.
5.Before you leave a room look back and see if you can pick up.
6. A place for everything
7. I keep a red basket in the kitchen for stuff I can't deal with at the moment. I go through it every week.
8. Teach your children to pick up after themselves. (But know 80% of the time they won't ha)
9. Take baby steps. Tackling your entire house in a day will overwhelm you.
10. Take time for yourself. Clearing out brain clutter and filling your soul is the most loving act you can do.



No comments:

Post a Comment