A Present From God

I love September. For me it symbolizes new beginnings.

This year the new beginning has hit especially hard as I am adjusting to having my eldest away at college. Much of my thinking is of days ahead and the questions swirl in my brain.
               "What will it be like when E goes to college?"
                "What will it be like when S goes to college?"
                "What will it be like when I have an empty nest?"

The thoughts that follow are both exciting and scary. I plot and plan and then change my mind and plot and plan and change my mind as I think of my future life. Today as I was out running with those thoughts rushing through my head.

I stopped.


I love setting goals and creating a vision of how I want to live. We all need to do that. However all of those thoughts were taking me away from now.

                                                 Now is our present from God          

No comments:

Post a Comment