Tuesdays Tips: NOW means JOY

"I decided to enjoy my sandwich and my life changed."

A man I loved told me that with tears brimming.

His newborn was in NICU and it didn't look good. He and his wife at the time were doing NICU shifts. He was exhausted, scared, vulnerable, raw and found NOW in the decision to enjoy a sandwich. The best sandwich he ever ate.( His son is fine BTW)

NOW means JOY.

Joy sometimes happens in crisis.

The most beautiful snow fell on the day my divorce was finalized.

The best wave I ever rode was the day my dad died.

The best laugh I ever had was at my mom's wake.

The most beautiful summer day was when I had zero money.

If JOY can happen when NOW is at it's bleakest, how can joy and now be here in the mundane?

I am working on it and here is what I have found to work,

1. Set an alarm on your phone. ( whatever works for your schedule) When the alarm goes off look around you. Appreciate, Find things you love right there and then. Say Thank you.

2. Breathe right into your belly. Hold it. Breathe out while saying thank you.

3. Move your body as much as you can.   Please dance!

4. Get outside in any weather.

5. Get new sheets at the highest count you can afford. I splurged and got 500 count.  The softness is  glorious. Angels come while you sleep.

For me, at this moment NOW is a child with the flu, another with school issue and me with work issues. Yet NOW is a heart shaped snowmelt.


Blessings,
Virginia











No comments:

Post a Comment