Ways to Get Unstuck

We have gotten close to five feet of snow this past month. Snow removal is done the old fashioned way, with a shovel. Needless to say the end of my driveway has gotten quite thin. The turnaround requires an eight point turn and I long gave up on shoveling the path to the front door. The roof ,however,  needed to be tended to.

I decided to tackle it alone one day in lieu of my exercise routine. I put on my snow shoes and all of my gear and headed outside. After two hours, my arms felt like dead weight and my neck and back were starting to ache but my determination (stubborn streak) won. So I continued.

Then  I fell over into the five foot snow.

 I tried to get up using my hands as leverage but they just sank into the snow. I tried maneuvering  my snow shoed feet but I couldn't. This went on for a good ten minutes or so and fear crept in.
"I am stuck in my yard in the snow. My phone is on the kitchen counter. Nobody will be home until....until i pick them up at 4 pm. That is 6 hours from now. I am screwed!"

Then some self berating, "How could you be so stupid? You could have had them help later on. You should have your phone on you."

I laid back onto the snow and looked at the perfect blue sky. I breathed in the fresh air and relaxed.  I felt thankful for the beauty and my strong arms
and that I wasn't hurt.

From there I proceeded to laugh until my stomach hurt.

After  a bit, I came up with a brilliant, wacky idea. I  log rolled across my front yard until I got to the shoveled driveway and rolled right off the bank. I stood up still laughing and went inside for some tea.

Ways to get unstuck:
1. Give yourself breaks. Your body knows more than your stubborn nature.
2. Have help available.
3. Trying to get different results doing the same thing over and over again never works.
4. Find something to appreciate
5.Relax
6. Be kind to your self
7. Laugh
8. Let the answer come and if it sounds crazy try it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment