The Power Of A List

I was expressing to a dear friend of how alone I felt in dealing with a current situation. It is a common theme in my single mom life and it paralyzes me each and every time. The thought," I can't do this all alone,"  freezes my mind and  deflates my heart........Not the best way to create positive results.

 After hearing me out, my friend lovingly suggested that I make a list of everything I have accomplished 'all alone' in these years of being a single parent.

What a genius idea!

Reading my list immediately lifted my heart.

I can't do this all alone suddenly became I CAN do this.

Nothing about the situation changed. I am still in the midst of dealing with it and some of it is cruddy, yet looking at my list of accomplishments has given  me courage and hope and a 'you go girl' attitude.

I invite you to do the same. Make a list of everything you have accomplished and let it serve as a reminder to how strong you truly are!



No comments:

Post a Comment