I am me and that is ENOUGH

When I first became a single mom, I spent many sleepless nights worrying about my children's futures.  I was paralyzed in fear with the same question swirling around my head, "How can I be both mom and dad?"

Then one night I was startled awake at 3 a.m. with the answer. "I cannot ever be mom and dad."

The relief was immediate. I am enough.

 I finally let go of the notion that I had to be something more than me in order for my children to thrive.

I finally let go of the fear that my single mom status was going to damage my children.

I finally let go of the idea that parenting teens was going to be too scary as a single mom.

I finally embraced  I am enough.

Holding on to "I am enough" when life gets hard, parenting feels scary and overwhelming has made all of the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment